I got nominated for a Liebster, guys. I’m just…. gosh. I just feel so loved, you know?
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite”. I immediately saw the similarity with the other German word “Liebe”, which means “Love”.
I have to thank Kemmiii (is it 3 i’s or 4? Darn) and all her gracious nutty goodness for the love. Gats dissect those cadavers, babe. Godspeed.
Kemmiii gave me 11 smart questions to answer, and I will get right to them. After that, I will make my own nominations. Watch this space while I answer the questions
if you’re a dunce. My friend, read my answers!
1. Money, Power, Respect. Choose two.
Power and Money. Respect isn’t seductive enough.
2. What is your idea of religion?
Religion is the combination of beliefs that individuals and groups use to plug a faith-sized hole. It is identity and purpose. It is significance.
3. Have you ever considered politics?
Yes. I bought sunglasses today. In many ways, that is political. Then I saw the NSCDC video. so……… No.
4. What do you do for fun?
You know, trivial stuff. Fiddle with pancake recipes. Mention a follower with big boobs. I recently crashed 2 weddings.
5. What one word do you think describes me?
*Aherm* I’ll give you a hint, KemKem. It’s in my last response. It isn’t ‘pancake’.
6. What one word describes you?
Just one word? Come on.
7. What’s music to you?
A sonorous, invisible thread that connects its listeners to its makers, and its listeners to other listeners. Sound come to life.
8. Do you have a plan B in life? If yes what is it?
Action hero. I’d star in the remake of the popular Nigerian movies Hostages, Out of Bounds, & Things Fall Apart.
9. What book will you recommend for me to read?
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. Read it 5 times.
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. Say something totally random!
Alrighty, then. I will proceed to nominate my people, and ask them my own questions. In NO PARTICULAR ORDER.
- Ibukun‘s Blog. She’s so aware. It’s……. ooh. She even makes death sound cool.
- Sisi Jacobs. She writes great poems, whether in clear English or in Pidgin.
- Deolu Adeleye. Whip-smart wit. Great storyteller, too. See what he did with 55 words.
- Kayla Cruz. She hasn’t blogged in a while. I hope she’s great.
- Tobi Tej. For this poem.
- CapoeiraPanda. Proud Papa. Shameless Hedonist. Former P-Setter.
- InkTipped Dreamer. She has these cool illustrations that ram home the point of whatever she writes. And her short (*cough*) stories and poems are amazing. Have you read ‘Friends for Sale’?
- Kemmiiii. One of the most open people I know. Vulnerability frightens all of us, and we have our ways of dealing with them. Kemi writes.
- OrikanFilameji. Yep. I am one of my favorite bloggers. Yep. And that’s because I did this. You have to have it.
My questions for the nominees
- If you had all the money in the world but still had to have some kind of job, what would you choose to do?
- What do you believe stands between you and complete happiness?
- What small thing could you do to make someone’s day better?
- Is the country you live in really the best fit for you?
- What life lesson did you learn the hard way?
- Which activities make you lose track of time?
- What is important enough to go to war over?
- What is the most desirable trait another person can possess?
- What is the simplest truth you can express in words?
- What are you proudest of in your life?